Sunday, June 27, 2010

Trip pic of the day: Thailand #9

Fifteenth century elote-shaped prang at Wat Phra Ram, Ayutthaya. The temple was founded in 1369 on the cremation site of King Ramathibodi (1351-69) by his son Ramesuan.

This structure however was the result of later rennovation by King Borommatrailokanat (1448-88) and is decorated with garudas, nāgas and walking Buddhas.

No comments: