Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Who he?

When I signed up for both SKY and Turbonett I had to provide the names of several personal references. When SKY rang these individuals up they proceeded to deny even knowing me. This is one of the difficulties you face in a country where everyone is severely paranoid about the threat of kidnappings. I myself rarely answer the phone to an unknown number, preferring to let it roll to voicemail.

In Mexico a firm called Xega has started selling microchips which can be inserted - chucho style - beneath the skin so that one's loved ones can keep real-time track of which car boot one happens to be in at any particular time.

I read today that an American woman has been charged with attempting to kidnap in real life a bloke she had met in Second Life.

No comments: