Sunday, February 11, 2007

BAFTAs: "I donnaspeaka english, gracias"

Strangely the BAFTAs are all going where they deserve to. The production design and cinematography of Children of Men were recognised, Eva Green took the Rising Star gong, and Pan's Labyrinth, in truth the best movie of 2006, was chosen for best foreign-language film.

Great acceptance speech from Guillermo del Toro: "I'm far too fat for this excitement..I always love England because I can get very drunk and be very repressed."

The Mexicans are doing well so far. Let's see if they carry this success through to the Kodak Theatre next month.

I can see why it annoys Mark Kermode that they all refer to Babel as "bab-EL". At least Jonathan Woss says it wight.

I hadn't realised that The Departed was a remake of Infernal Affairs!

Isn't Forest Whitaker such a nice bloke? (He almost forgot to thank his wife!)

No comments: