Wednesday, October 31, 2007

iPod Touch

I love the iPod Touch. I hesitate to call it my iPod Touch because I bought it for V to replace her broken Mini, but when the time comes to hand it over... I suspect that my hand may be trembling.

Still, there are a couple of minor irritations. The battery on my 80GB 5th generation iPod never seemed to run out, but the larger touch screen of the new device is clearly rather power hungry.

And when you are in the middle of a playlist and turn the Touch on its side to activate cover view, the artworks displayed come from the general album list not just the ones that are germane to the playlist you are actually in. Maybe there is a way to toggle between views, but I haven't found it yet.

There are one too many extra finger movements involved in daily use too. To skip a song you generally need to activate the screen and then unlock the device. The playlist option is hidden one level further down than on an iPod Classic, so you have to press down on the More... option first to access that rather essential menu.

No comments: