Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Brain Fog

Great — a collective drop in intelligence is just what the world needs right now...

Whoever insisted that the zombie apocalypse couldn't be incremental?

I'm acquainted with several recovering covidianos who would appear not to have that much IQ to spare. 

Team GB's latest gold medallist Tom Dean (200m Freestyle) had covid twice last year and not lightly. So, although he perhaps may no longer be the brightest bulb on the Xmas tree, at twenty years of age this is an astonishing achievement and one that bodes well for the future of British swimming. 

Eric Feigel-Ding also tweeted this data dump from the Netherlands today. 

'No differences detected among vaccines': that will come as especially good news for the one n done J&Jers. 

9% still seems quite high, but some new leaks from the NHS suggest that further contextualisation could well be illuminating. 

e.g. Only 44% of those counted as Covid patients in England had tested positive for the virus before they were admitted to hospital, and the other 56% only tested positive either in routine screening on admission, or later in their hospital stay. The old 'hospital-acquired infection' problem. 

It would indeed be interesting to know the age profile of the 'breakthroughs'. 

No comments: