Friday, March 16, 2007

Al rojo vivo!

V just called. She's up on the top terrace watching the Volcán de Fuego in tremendous eruption. The dog is sitting at her side, apparently in need of some emotional guidance on this one.

She insists she has never seen the volcano looking so beautiful or so scary, at least not since seeing all those tostados at Pompeii a couple of years ago. (Definitely more terrifying than this leisurely evening 'phutt' that I photographed back in January.)

The noise is like constant thunder she reports, (I could hear it down the line) and with her bincoulars she can see firey rocks being hurled out of the burbling, incandescent crater. Locals, like her sister on Yepocapa, are on yellow alert. (Today's photo op for Rudy?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get my reports about Guatemala from a blog published from London, :-(

Actually, so much work and commitments have not allow me to drive down to take a shot.

Thanks for the updates.

Tiki Chris said...

Phenomenal post and brilliant photograph. I hope all is well with your family and friends in Antigua.