Sunday, April 04, 2021

Godzilla Vs. Kong



Relentlessly moronic though not, I'd admit in the end, uniformly bad, by around the halfway point in this movie I was starting to feel it was me not the lizard taking all those right hooks from Kong. 


Maybe I betray my age just a bit when I observe that the scenes which were potentially the most visually awesome were all partially spoiled by the brain-liquefying loudness of the audio track, and by the fact that I found myself mentally essaying a body count, something that the movie-makers seemed determined not to dwell on at all. (And then in the quieter scenes I kept thinking "Rebecca Hall, whyyyyyy?")

I'm usually more of a fan of movies that make use of Hong Kong as a location...



(Heartwarming....unless you happen to live in above-mentioned city.)


No comments: